- n. 接觸；聯系；熟人
- v. (與)聯系；(與)接觸
- adj. 接觸的
- [U]接觸 the act or state of touching or coming together
- [U]聯系,聯絡,交往 the state of having a connection or exchanging information or ideas with sb else
- [C]接頭人,聯絡人 a social, professional, or business connection; a person one knows who can help
- [C]觸點,接頭 an electrical part that can be moved to touch another part in order to complete an electrical circuit
- vt. & vi. 聯系 communicate with
"they kept in daily contact"
"they claimed that they had been in contact with extraterrestrial beings"
the act of touching physically;
"her fingers came in contact with the light switch"
the state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity;
"litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid"
the physical coming together of two or more things;
"contact with the pier scraped paint from the hull"
a person who is in a position to give you special assistance;
"he used his business contacts to get an introduction to the governor"
a channel for communication between groups;
"he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
(electronics) a junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact;
"they forget to solder the contacts"
a communicative interaction;
"the pilot made contact with the base"
"he got in touch with his colleagues"
a thin curved glass or plastic lens designed to fit over the cornea in order to correct vision or to deliver medication
be in or establish communication with;
"Our advertisements reach millions"
"He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia"
be in direct physical contact with; make contact;
"The two buildings touch"
"Their hands touched"
"The wire must not contact the metal cover"
"The surfaces contact at this point"
- The rich secluded themselves from contact with the poor.
- I finally made contact with her in Paris.
- She has a contact in the software industry.
- Contact the police at once!
- Our patrols on all our fronts contacted no enemy today.
- She suffers from a contact skin rash.
- Have the children been in contact with the disease?
- Until recently, this remote tribe had little contact with the outside world.
- In his contact with others, he never forces people to accept his point of view.
- I've got a useful contact in the tax office.
- The switch closes the contacts and complete the circuit.
- We agreed to contact again as soon as possible.
- If the exposed wires contact, we shall have a short circuit.
- She thought perhaps the scout would still come to contact.
- I'll contact you by telephone.
- Where can I contact you tomorrow?
- I must contact my lawyer before I make my final decisions.
- Please contact Mrs. Oda for further details.
- They tried hard but still couldn't contact the headquarter.
- I'm sorry not to have contacted you sooner but I've been off colour for the last few days.
- Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
- Brake shoes contact the inside diameter of the drum.
- No enemy was contacted by our patrols on all our fronts today.
- The nearest hospital should be contacted right away.
- contact with (v.+prep.)
與…有交往 have a touch with (sb)
contact with sb
He contacted with me.
Have you contacted with your solicitor recently?
We contacted with the ship by radio.
Until recently, this remote tribe had contacted little with the outside world.
- business contact 業務聯系
- in contact with 與…接觸
- contact between teacher and student 老師和學生之間的接觸
- contact one's lawyer 聯系某人的律師
His lifelong contact with tough men had hardened him.出自： R. K. Narayan
I was in radio contact with..the helicopters which were on their way to pick me up.出自： V. Grissom
I have had many contacts with my friends.
During my stay in the city I contacted several teachers.
- 表示“開始與某人接觸”時，可以用以下來兩種表達方式：come into contact with和come in contact with。前者比后者使用更頻繁；
- make contact with 表示“與某人進行接觸”；
I have got this information from one of my contacts, who used to live overseas.
- contact, touch
- 這兩個詞都可表示“接觸”“聯系”。其區別在于:touch指具體的、感覺器官的接觸,并暗示這類接觸所帶來的優美或親密的感覺; 而contact指抽象的接觸,僅指“聯系”而身體未必接觸。例如:
- I must contact my lawyer before I make my final decisions.在作出最后決定以前,我必須先同我的律師聯系一下。
- Until recently, this remote tribe had contacted little with the outside world.這個邊遠的部落直到最近和外界幾乎沒什么聯系。
- confront 不可避免地，面對面地相遇，也指敢于正視困難或問題。
- ☆ 17世紀20年代進入英語，直接源自拉丁語的contingere：com (一起） + tangere (接觸），意為在一起接觸。